- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Ottawa, April 17 - Canadian Red Cross is pleased to announce the expansion of its successful malaria program, which has distributed nearly 2.6 million mosquito nets in six African countries. These activities have been made possible through the generous support of the Canadian International Development Agency.
The Honourable Josée Verner, Minister of International Cooperation and Minister for La Francophonie and Official Languages, today announced that Canada is committing $20 million to the Canadian Red Cross malaria program and other malaria programs aimed at saving lives in …
(Ottawa, March 17, 2006) - A Canadian Red Cross project in Mozambique has reached an important goal in the international effort to tackle one of Africa's biggest health challenges.
(Ottawa, December 6, 2005) -- In one of the largest initiative of its kind, Red Cross volunteers will travel throughout central Mozambique over the next two weeks to distribute 400,000 long-lasting insecticide-treated bed nets (LLINs) to families with children under five years old. The bed nets -- which last for up to five years -- will be given out free of charge to provide protection against mosquito bites that transmit malaria.