- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
27 June 2012 - AGRA President Jane Karuku joined partners in celebrating the launch of the Kenyan African Agricultural Capital Fund (AACF). You can read her full remarks below.
Remarks – AACF launch, Serena Hotel, Nairobi– 27 June 2012 – 8:00-10:30
Ladies and gentleman, I am very pleased to be able to join you today for the Kenyan launch of the African Agricultural Capital Fund (AACF) and I would like to thank Pearl Capital for the invitation to speak to you this morning.
8 June 2012 - By the African Centre for Crop Improvement (ACCI) and the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI)
Africa needs a critical mass of scientists trained in plant breeding, with conventional and molecular expertise to develop resilient and climate-smart varieties needed for food security, sustainability and economic development. These scientists must be committed to working in national breeding programmes in their home countries. The lack of plant breeders with such skills in Africa is well documented.