- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
- Financial Protection against Disasters in Mozambique (April 2018)
- Mozambique: Vulnerability Assessment Committee Results 2018
- Mozambique Key Message Update, August 2018
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Warehousing, Transport & Logistics Services, February 2015
- Is another Boko Haram or al-Shabaab erupting in Mozambique?
Africa has a long history of migration. Persistent economic instability, fragile ecosystems, cyclical drought patterns, and civil wars and other types of conflict have propelled people from their countries of birth. Currently, more than 16 million Africans are classified as migrants, and their numbers are increasing. In particular, South Africa has the largest number of foreign-born persons (excluding irregular migrants).
Southern Africa has the highest rates of HIV-infection in the world.