- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
- Mozambique Food Security Outlook Update, September 2018
- Financial Protection against Disasters in Mozambique (April 2018)
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Warehousing, Transport & Logistics Services, February 2015
- Mozambique Price Bulletin, September 2018
- Mozambique: Vulnerability Assessment Committee Results 2018
Emergency & Recovery, Food Security, United Nations - United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP)
Conor Lenihan T.D., Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, today announced details of a humanitarian and recovery aid package of over €12.8 million for Africa and the Middle East.
I am delighted to have the opportunity today to address the Foreign Affairs Committee on the subject of the food crises in the Horn of Africa and in southern Africa.
As we look forward to Christmas the figures concerning famine emanating from Africa are stark. They serve as a damning indictment of our collective failure to address the needs of the most vulnerable at the beginning of a new millennium.
It is estimated that at least 28 million people will be affected by the current food shortages in the Horn of Africa and southern Africa.
Mr. Tom Kitt, TD, the Minister of State with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance & Human Rights, today announced a major new package of Government funding of 3.69 million in support of emergency responses to the massive food shortages which are already taking a tragic human toll across Southern Africa, saying,