- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
EVENT: Heavy rains and flooding in Southern Africa are jeopardising food security in the region.
SIGNIFICANCE: Flooding in Southern Africa is leading to large-scale displacement and the destruction of farms. The destruction of food crops is creating the prospect of serious regional food shortages, and raises the perennial question of planning for such emergencies.
ANALYSIS: Heavy rains since December have led to severe flooding in Southern Africa, affecting Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and especially Mozambique.