- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
WINDHOEK – The Namibian fishing industry has united in providing relief aid support to the people of Mozambique after that country recently experienced floods affecting over 1.4 million people. More than 20 fishing companies donated in excess of 38 tonnes of fish and fish products with a combined value of over N$500 000, excluding logistical expenses.
By Irene Hoaës
WINDHOEK - The number of vulnerable people that need humanitarian assistance in SADC has increased from 3.6 million in 2009 to 4.04 million in 2010.
Namibia is among the eight countries consisting of Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe that require humanitarian assistance.
According to the SADC Director for Food Agriculture and Natural Resources, Magreth Nyirenda, not even during the worst food crises in SADC in 1991/2 had the figures been that high.