- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Latest floods across seven countries in southern Africa particularly Mozambique are threatening thousands of people with homelessness and disease, according to Red Cross sources.
Irish Red Cross Delegate, John Roche who is in charge of co-coordinating the Africa operation at international level, reports that rivers - including the famous Zambezi river - have burst their banks and discharges from dams are dangerously high.
The Irish Red Cross today announced that it will send €30,000 in immediate aid to Mozambique where more than 88,000 people have already lost their homes as a result of devastating floods, and is appealing to Irish people to help fund this aid.
The money being sent by the Irish Red Cross will be used to pay for urgently needed goods to help provide temporary homes for people affected, such as tents and clean water, as well as first aid kits to help treat the injured and sick.
David Andrews, the Chairman of the Irish Red Cross, said it was essential that help be delivered to the people …