- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
The refined framework will assess and contribute to the effectiveness of policies, laws and practice in promoting gender equality
The high-level group which oversees progress on the Commonwealth’s gender equality targets has agreed on a clear set of markers for measuring efforts in member countries.
The Commonwealth Gender Plan of Action Monitoring Group, which is made up of ministers and senior officials, met in London from 30 June to 2 July.
‘Strengthening jurisprudence of equality on violence against women’
Judges and magistrates from fourteen Southern and Eastern African Commonwealth countries will meet in Gaborone, Botswana on 26 and 27 March 2012 to discuss strategies to strengthen judicial activism in cases of violence against women.
The meeting forms part of the work mandated by the Commonwealth Plan of Action (PoA) for Gender Equality 2005-2015.
“This year’s Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers will be very important as the 2015 end date for education goals is just around the corner” - Zeferino Martins
Mozambique’s Education Minister Zeferino Martins this week met Commonwealth Deputy Secretary-General Ransford Smith to discuss how best the Secretariat’s education team can support his ministry’s objectives.