- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
A dramatic drop in PWS&D donations is threatening programs with partners around the world
It's been a difficult year for many of us in Canada. The global economic downturn has left millions affected through job losses, investment declines and a weakened economy. But while many of us have suffered in Canada, the effects on poorer nations have been truly devastating.
PWS&D has not been immune to the economic downturn. Donations are down significantly and a serious budget shortfall is projected.
Following heavy rains in January, central and southern regions of Mozambique are in an emergency flood situation.
Your help is needed to get life-saving supplies to people in need.
Make a donation online, or call PWS&D today at: 416-441-1111 or 1-800-619-7301, ext.
EMERGENCY RELIEF & REHABILITATION
In 2006-2007 PWS&D responded to disasters caused by drought, floods, earthquakes and conflict. Emergency food water and medical supplies were provided in times of desperate need while longer-term efforts focused on rebuilding houses and essential community infrastructure. We continue to help communities rebuild after the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia and the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.