- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
In continuing with our relationship with Population Services International (PSI) Project HOPE is in the process of distributing 6,000 "Health Kits" to caregivers of its most vulnerable children in the Zambezia and Gaza Provinces of Mozambique.
Each kit is made up of a basic health manual, bottles of certeza to purify water, hand soap to wash with and more.
Project HOPE is accepting donations of cash and medicines to aid the people of southern Mozambique, which is experiencing its most devastating flooding in decades. The first shipment of essential pharmaceuticals and medical supplies is planned for March-April. HOPE has worked in southern Africa for more than 10 years, and has long-term health programs and country staff in Mozambique, to coordinate the relief effort.
Conditions in Mozambique change daily; the following is based on news and situational reports from March 3-6: