- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
In response to the catastrophic hunger crisis in Africa, the executives of the American humanitarian organizations engaged in food aid and the Executive Director of the United Nations' World Food Program have come together to act. Today, we launch a global campaign to assist more than 34 million people who face the very real risk of death by starvation. This crisis is compounded by the HIV/AIDS pandemic, which is devastating the productive populations of many African countries.
More than 34 million at risk of starvation in Africa
Mercy Corps is immediately responding to
the Mozambique floods by helping partner agencies already on the ground.
Mercy Corps' partners are now supplying food to flood victims in hard-hit
Maputo province and addressing sanitation and hygiene needs in temporary
camps and shelters. Mercy Corps can leverage the impact of every donated
dollar by working through established distribution networks, supply lines
and local leadership.
Contributions to Mercy Corps' Mozambique Fund may be made by calling 1-800-292-3355 x250 or writing:
Mercy Corps International