- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the sidelines of the 36th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) of the OIC Member States, which kicked off on Saturday, May 23rd 2009, in the Syrian capital Damascus.
The sealed MoU stipulates cooperation to assist the OIC Member States in combating these diseases. The Global Fund undertakes work in 46 OIC Member States through a number of programs and projects.
The Secretary General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, Prof. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu has conveyed his profound sympathy to the government and people of Mozambique over the devastating floods which have caused a grave humanitarian crisis in the country.
Prof. Ihsanoglu who noted with regret the loss of precious lives, the destruction of properties and farmlands and this displacement of thousands of people, described the situation as a national disaster and therefore urged the international community to intervene in aid of the victims.
The Secretary General of the OIC, Prof. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu has conveyed his profound sympathy to the government and people of Mozambique over the devastating floods which have led to a humanitarian crisis in the country.
Prof. Ihsanoglu expressed sadness following the flood disaster which has claimed precious lives, destroyed valuable properties and made tens of thousands of people displaced without food and drinking water.