- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Maputo, Mozambique: UNV volunteers are helping ensure stable food supplies in Mozambique in the face of a global food crisis.
Working with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), volunteers such as Annette Jaitner, a Food and Nutrition Security Officer, are teaching and facilitating at projects such as Farmer Field Schools (FFSs) and implementing other educational programmes.
MAPUTO/BONN, 12 March 2001 -- More than 20 UN Volunteers in Mozambique have stepped up efforts to assess emergency needs and coordinate relief efforts in the country's central region where an estimated 80,000 people have been displaced by ongoing flooding, the Bonn-based United Nations Volunteers (UNV) announced today.
Bonn, 13 March 2000 - United Nations Volunteers in Mozambique are reallocating manpower and providing funds to help alleviate suffering of the people following a month of heavy rains and flooding in the southern African country.