- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Since December 2014, heavy rainfall has caused widespread flooding across a number of Southern African countries. The largest impact of the flooding has been felt in Malawi and Mozambique where thousands of people have been affected. The floods have resulted in mass displacement in both countries and heavily impacted agriculture and key infrastructure.
International spending on disaster risk reduction (DRR) requires dramatic review.
20th March 2012 – The Global Humanitarian Assistance (GHA) programme launches a new report today, Disaster risk reduction: Spending where it should count. The report provides a comprehensive view of the levels of international DRR spending, placed in the context of need and vulnerability, and reveals the shockingly low levels of investment and inequities of funding in this area at a time when the need for enhanced focus on the reduction of risk is paramount.