- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
PRETORIA (ILO News) – HIV and AIDS workplace initiatives should be integrated into national AIDS programmes and a wide range of health approaches, including occupational safety and health, says a new report, "Effective Responses to HIV and AIDS at Work: A Multi-Country Study in Africa ", launched by the International Labour Organization (ILO) in Sandton - Johannesburg, South Africa.
Working Paper No. 5
An issue relatively underemphasized in research,
policies, programmes and debates on current conflicts, this document examines
gender concerns in employment during reintegration, reconstruction and
peace building processes.
Providing an analytical synthesis of research and insights based upon country studies undertaken by the ILO between 1996 and 2000, the document seeks to guide policy formulation, effective pursuit of gender-sensitive programming, decent work and other activities, and stimulate and advance current debate.