- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Dans ce numéro
Renewed violence in South Sudan
The major outbreak of violence in the South Sudanese capital of Juba this past week caused hundred of deaths. The violence, which has also displaced 30 000 people, continues despite a joint call by President Salva Kiir and Vice-President Riek Machar to stop the clashes. This raises questions about their control over their respective factions.
In this issue
Special focus: 27th AU Summit, Kigali Women’s rights and the African Union Commission (AUC) elections top the agenda of the AU summit from 10–18 July 2016
Candidates for the position of AUC chairperson are campaigning in the run-up to the elections.
The chairperson of the AUC has over the years taken on more and more responsibility to drive change in Africa.
In the first six months of 2016 the Peace and Security Council (PSC) had a lot on its plate. A brief overview of the crises and PSC decisions in this period reveals the complexity of the council’s work.
Gugu Dube, Dominique Dye (Junior Researchers) & Noël Stott, Senior Research Fellow, Arms Management Programme, ISS Pretoria
From the 9th - 11 September 2009, representatives from African states participated in the 3rd Continental Conference of African Experts on Landmines. The conference was hosted by the Government of the Republic of South Africa, in collaboration with the African Union (AU) and with the financial support of the European Union.