- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Sida has today decided to grant just over EUR 5 million for food distribution in southern Africa in answer to the UN's annual appeal. The situation in southern Africa has deteriorated dramatically, especially for the starving millions in Zimbabwe and southern/central Mozambique. This is mainly the result of the UN not receiving sufficient funding for its ongoing efforts.
Sida has just decided to allocate nearly EUR 49,1 million for disaster measures in reply to the United Nation's annual requests for aid regarding different countries and regions.
An estimated 13 million people in southern Africa are in acute need of food. The region is facing its most serious food crisis for ten years. Today Sida has decided to give SEK 50 million in support to four UN organizations. This financial support is in answer to the world-wide appeal issued by the UN on Thursday of last week. In total, the UN has appealed for more than SEK 600 billion for measures to be implemented in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho, Swaziland and Mozambique.