- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Eschborn, 9 March 2001
While the government of Mozambique is seeing that more and more people are brought to safety from the rising waters in the center of the country, experts from the Deutsche Gesellschaft f=FCr Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH (German Technical Cooperation), are setting the course for recovery when the waters recede. Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul, German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, has made DM 2 million available in disaster relief funds.
GTZ Assists Aid Shipments and Helps Prevent Epidemics
Eschborn, 1 March 2000 - While demands are increasingly heard for helicopters to save people from drowning in flooded Mozambique, GTZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft f=FCr Technische Zusammenarbeit, GmbH - German Technical Cooperation) is making an effort to optimize the use of available funds in this emergency situation. Regular GTZ health and transport programs that have already been operational in Mozambique for some years have shifted their efforts to aiding flood survivors.