- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
In its 11th year of operation, internal cracks in the Kimberley Process are visible, as Zimbabwean, Ivorian and Congolese undocumented diamonds continue to trickle into the global market via third parties such as Mozambique.
By Michele Acuto for Diplomatic Courier (DC)
Economic and Social Council
2010 Substantive Session
Press release No.: IFAD/42/08
IFAD's Executive Board concludes meeting in Rome
Rome, 15 September 2008 - IFAD's Executive Board approved more than US$177.41 million in loans and US$60.235 million in grants for twelve programmes and projects that will improve the lives of the rural poor in developing countries.
The 94th session of the Board, which met in Rome from 10-11 September, approved an additional US$5.01 million in grants to support agricultural research and development activities.
Western and Central Africa: US$28.39 million in loans and US$9.07 million in …
Six years after the World Food Summit in Rome, the commitments made at the summit have not been fulfilled. Action Against Hunger is calling on the Heads of State for international mobilization and determined action to end hunger. As international experts in the fight against hunger and malnutrition, Action Against Hunger wishes to highlight that:
- Since 1996, Heads of State have not
been successful in preventing new food crises. In Southern Africa alone,
over 10 million people are on the brink of starvation unless immediate
and large-scale action is taken.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations. Quoted text from this briefing note may be attributed to the UNHCR spokesperson named below