- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
"He is very curious about what is happening in the tent and he kept asking me to take him here," says Salmiati of her 16-month-old boy, Alif, as he peers into a tent full of children.
Better coordination could greatly enhance the contributions foreign militaries make in the crucial stages of responses to natural disasters such as the South Asian earthquake in Pakistan and floods in Mozambique, according to a new report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
The report, The Effectiveness of Foreign Military Assets in Natural Disaster Response, was launched today (Thursday, 13 March) at the United Nations in New York by the United Nations Office for the …
MOZAMBIQUE: FLOOD RECOVERY
The rains continue to add to the already devastating flood situation in Mozambique and eastern parts of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi. UMCOR is at work with Action by Churches Together and the Mozambique Annual Conference to address the immediate humanitarian concerns.
UMCOR is providing seeds and necessary mosquito nets as the threat of malaria outbreaks arises.
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.