- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
15 times EU Civil Protection Mechanism (EUCPM) provided environmental expertise to UN Environment/OCHA Joint Unit (JEU) since 2014.
• EUCPM prepares and responds to environmental disasters, including incidents that arise as secondary effects of a natural disaster.
• DG ECHO, operating through the EUCPM, is among JEU’s most important partners.
• DG ECHO's collaboration with the JEU has been constantly increasing during the past years, raising at a level of 50% of all JEU missions since 2016.
UNICEF PROVIDES HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO CHILDREN AND WOMEN AFFECTED BY DROUGHT, CONFLICT, FLOODS AND DISEASE OUTBREAKS
- Violent attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia, have caused over 402,000 people to flee their homes since March. Tensions are high in the Great Lakes region with new refugee movements taking place into neighbouring countries. In Western Kenya, 67,000 people remain internally displaced following the Mt.
Regional: Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania continue to supply maize to grain deficit countries.