- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
It's a little off the beaten track, but a small garden in World Vision's Muecate Area Development Program in northern Mozambique holds the community's hopes for food security.
Erratic rainfall, infertile soil and a virus that has decimated the cassava crop means thounsands of people in Muecate are now threatened with food shortages.
However, farmers from the project are working together to find places where they can grow what cannot be grown anywhere else.
"This is where we're able to produce the food we need to eat and to sell for our survival," said …
Food-for-Work activities in Tete, Mozambique, reached 130,000 people in May. However, World Vision relief staff say that the situation in the area is yet to improve.
"World Vision will continue to implement a food aid programme under food for work and vulnerable group feeding for 80,800 people until March 2004, and the UNICEF Supplementary Feeding programme until February 2004," says Anthea Spinks, WV Mozambique's Emergency and Relief Manager.