- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Informal cross border trade played a significant role in averting widespread food insecurity in Southern Africa during the major regional drought of 2002 and 2003. However, information on informal trade has been mainly anecdotal and its contribution toward redressing supply/demand imbalances has not been adequately quantified in Southern Africa. In the absence of this data, decision making by governments, aid agencies and traders about appropriate levels of commercial imports and food aid is difficult.
NAMPULA, Mozambique (UNHCR) - A trend currently sweeping over Africa has not stopped at the refugee camp: the mushrooming of new churches and an unprecedented popularity of churchgoing.