- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
JOHANNESBURG, 19 November 1998 (IRIN) - The humanitarian community in Angola said on Thursday it was "extremely concerned" that intensified fighting between government troops and UNITA forces in the central highlands in recent days was making it difficult to sustain relief operations.
MAPUTO, Jan 29 (Reuters) - The death toll
from a landslide in central Mozambique last week could reach 143, Minister
of State Administration, Alfredo Gamito, said on Thursday.
Ref: DHAGVA - 98/0144
1. The UN Resident Coordinator in Maputo reports that the landslides occurred in the central Mozambican province of Zambezia on 20 January. According to the latest information, 47 people were killed, while another 40 remain missing in Milange district.
2. Heavy rains and landslides also interrupted connections between the provincial capital and smaller towns in Tete and Sofala province.
3. The Government's inter-sectoral brigade is presently in Milange district, assessing the situation.
MAPUTO, Mozambique (PANA) - Heavy rains
in the northernmost Mozambican Province of Niassa have cut off the
provincial capital, Lichinga, from the District of Majune, Radio Mozambique reported Sunday.
It cited unnamed district government officials as saying that the rains damaged a bridge over the Luambala River on the road from Lichinga to Malanga, the Majune District capital.