- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Five cholera treatment centres installed in the most affected provinces have already been dismantled
MAPUTO, May 19 (Reuters) - Mozambique has declared an end to a cholera epidemic that was triggered by heavy rains and infected more than 2,000 people, a senior government official said on Friday.
Read more on the Thomson Reuters Foundation
The storm has brought heavy rain and winds, raising the risk of flooding and crop damage in Mozambique
MAPUTO, Feb 16 (Reuters) - Tropical storm Dineo has killed seven people in Mozambique since it hit the eastern coast on Wednesday, the government's disaster centre said on Thursday.
The storm, has brought heavy rain and winds of up to 160 km an hour (100 mph), raising the risk of flooding and crop damage in the impoverished southern African country.
Early last year, tens of thousands of Mozambicans fled across the border into Malawi to escape violence and alleged human rights abuses
Ceasefire extended till March 4 after call with president
Govt, rebels fighting over results of 2014 vote
Mozambique on verge of developing huge gas reserves
By Manuel Mucari