- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Parties cited the need for more time to promote voluntary repatriation, while a section of asylum countries grappled with logistical challenges to examine individual cases of refugees seeking exemption or integration.
- Deadline for cessation elapses on January 1, 2018.
7 décembre 2017 – Trente-sept pays, dont 29 se trouvant en Afrique, ont besoin d'une aide alimentaire externe, a mis en garde jeudi l'Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'alimentation et l'agriculture (FAO) dans son dernier rapport sur les 'Perspectives de récolte et la situation alimentaire'.
Pays nécessitant une aide alimentaire extérieure
Strong cereal harvests are keeping global food supplies buoyant, but localised drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. Some 37 countries, 29 of which are in Africa, require external assistance for food, according to the report.
Abidjan, 16 November, 2017 - A newly released nutrition report by the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Africa has revealed that undernutrition is still persistent in the region and the number of stunted children has increased. The Africa Nutrition Report, launched today in Abidjan, Ivory Coast also indicates that a growing number of children under five years old are overweight.
- Rwandan refugees have up to December 31 to either secure legal residency in host countries, return home or risk losing protection after the cessation date.
- This has seen the country receive over 11,000 returnees in the first eight months of this year compared with 5,580 in 2016.
- Invocation of the cessation clause means that the UNHCR will no longer be responsible for supporting Rwandan refugees.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
El informe de la FAO indica un repunte de las cosechas en la mayoría de los países de bajos ingresos con déficit de alimentos
Le rapport de la FAO souligne la hausse des récoltes dans les pays aux plus faibles revenus et plus importants déficits vivriers
Conflicts drag down food security amid growing global food output
FAO report notes rebounding harvests in most low-income food-deficit countries
21 September 2017, Rome-- Robust harvests in Latin America and rebounding agricultural conditions in Southern Africa are on course to improve the global food supply situation, but ongoing civil conflicts and climate-related shocks are affecting progress towards hunger reduction, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report.
Improved maize supplies drove national maize and maize meal prices further down in July in all the monitored countries except South Africa (SA) where prices increased by roughly 6 percent. Moreover, national prices were considerably below their respective 5 year aver-age (5YA) except Tanzania, Lesotho and Swaziland.
477 Cholera vaccines: WHO position paper – August 2017
498 Monthly report on dracunculiasis cases, January-June 2017
477 Vaccins anticholériques: Note de synthèse de l’OMS – août 2017
498 Rapport mensuel des cas de dracunculose, janvier-juin 2017
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
Regional main staples prices mostly declined, and were below their respective 2016 levels in most areas except Tanzania. Most WFP monitored markets showed normal price level in April and May for maize and maize meal reflecting increased availability. Zambia maize prices increased on average probably in anticipation of a higher price floor to bet set by the government in the coming weeks.