- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
- Tropical Cyclone Desmond: Warning n.3, 20 January 2019
- Mozambique Staple Food Market Fundamentals, September 2018
- Mozambique: transformation of small-scale farm industry results in promising rice crop production
- Mozambique: tackling flooding through climate-resilient agriculture
- WFP Mozambique Country Brief, December 2018
Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network for Southern Africa
Tel: +27 11 880 4633
Fax: +27 11 880 1421
HARARE, 27 October (IRIN) - A spokesman for Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe said on Wednesday the government had the support of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) in its military intervention in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Agenda item 112
Promotion and protection of the rights of children Protection of children affected by armed conflict Note by the Secretary-General The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly, in accordance with section VIII of Assembly resolution 53/128 of 9 December 1998, the report prepared by Olara A. Otunnu, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict.
JOHANNESBURG, 14 July (IRIN) - African leaders are aiming to thrash out an understanding with the UN this week over the deployment of a peacekeeping force to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Zimbabwe presidential spokesman George Charamba told IRIN on Wednesday.
ZAMBIA: Government offers Rwanda prison facilities
The Oxfam Emergencies Bulletin aims to give an overview of Oxfam GB's current emergency work world-wide, for use in communications work. Note: in the context of this report, 'Oxfam' refers to Oxfam GB, unless specified otherwise.
Produced in collaboration with IRI
International Research Institute For Climate Prediction
This El Niño/La Niña Update is based on information obtained from the national Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) of WMO Member States and affiliated organizations. Information contained herein is current as of 18 February 1999. Extracts may be freely used elsewhere provided acknowledgement of their source is made. Users are strongly advised to contact their NMHS for more detailed information.