- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
El Niño threatens at least 60 million people in high-risk developing countries, WHO says
Geneva, 22 January 2016—The World Health Organization (WHO) and its partners predict a major global increase in health consequences of emergencies this year due to El Niño.
The British Red Cross has launched an urgent appeal today to help millions of people who are at risk of serious food shortages across southern Africa.
4 October 2005, Johannesburg - South Africa will donate 140 million rand ($21.5 million) to FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) to support the agencies' operations in southern Africa, FAO/WFP announced today.
The donation is the third major contribution from South Africa to the UN agencies since 2003 and comes at a critical time in the gearing up phase of programmes ahead of the region's lean season, which starts as early as November in some countries.
FAO will receive 98 million rand ($15 million) for agricultural and livestock inputs, and WFP will get 35 million rand …