- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
- Mozambique: More than 40,000 people receive seeds to help rebuild their lives
- Mozambique: tackling flooding through climate-resilient agriculture
- Mozambique Key Message Update, November 2018
- Mozambique: Security Forces Abusing Suspected Insurgents
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Warehousing, Transport & Logistics Services, February 2015
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
UNICEF’s Humanitarian Action for Children 2012 describes the daily situation of some of the world’s most vulnerable children and women in more than 25 countries and territories beset by emergencies and crisis.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
This week 's report covers the following sectors/countries:
Sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
B-Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: Afghanistan, Georgia, Iraq, Kyrghizstan, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Russian Federation (Caucasus)
C-East & Central Africa: Burundi, Congo, DR, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
D-West Africa: Benin, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, …