Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- Statement Attributable to the Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Myanmar
- Overview of the August 2018 3W for Southeastern Myanmar - Bago (East), Kayah, Kayin, Mon, Shan (East), Shan (South) and Tanintharyi
- Overview of the August 2018 3W - Rakhine State
- UNHCR and UNDP complete first assessments in Myanmar’s northern Rakhine
- Myanmar: Kachin & Northern Shan CCCM Dashboard (1/Sep/2018)
BALTIMORE, Dec. 20, 2017 - Lutheran World Relief (LWR), an international NGO working to develop sustainable solutions to poverty, has released its 2018 Early Warning Forecast of regions it is monitoring for potential or worsening humanitarian crises over the coming year: 11 Humanitarian Hotspots for the World to Watch
Ambassador Daniel V. Speckhard, LWR president & CEO, noted that armed conflict is a thread running through the world's current crises.
Baltimore, June 4, 2008 - Lutheran World Relief (LWR) will extend an additional $50,000 in funding to aid the people of Myanmar (Burma) in the aftermath of Cyclone Nargis, which struck the Irrawady delta region of the country on May 2.
LWR continues to work through its partners in global aid alliance, Action by Churches Together (ACT) International, to provide relief such as water, food, and shelter supplies.