Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- Note to correspondents: Statement attributable to the Secretary-General's Special Envoy on Myanmar
- Myanmar: Kachin & Northern Shan CCCM Dashboard (1/Sep/2018)
- Myanmar: Kachin & Northern Shan Shelter Coverage and Gaps (1/Sep/2018)
- UNHCR and UNDP complete first assessments in Myanmar’s northern Rakhine
- Karenni Army Clashes With Myanmar Forces in Kayah State, Breaking Bilateral Cease-fire
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme
Geneva, 4-8 October 2010
30 September 2010
This update presents some examples of challenges, progress and new developments in global programmes and partnerships since the last strategic overview presented to the 47th meeting of the Standing Committee in March 2010. A more comprehensive report will be provided in the forthcoming Global Appeal 2011 Update.
WFP was able to feed many more hungry people in 2008 thanks to India's willingness to sell rice to the organization at well below the market rate, says WFP's food procurement chief Nicole Menage.
WFP bought hundreds of thousands of tons of rice In India last year, at a price which was considerably less than what markets were asking at the time.
The Federal Council has approved an additional credit of CHF 9 million as aid to the Caucasus (CHF 2m) and for direct humanitarian aid programmes plus contributions to the World Food Programme (CHF 7m).