- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin, Issue 2 2017 | June – 22 September
- Statement of INGO’s in Myanmar, 31 August 2017 [EN/MY]
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State: Final Report, August 2017
- RW Topics: Refugees/Migrants - South-East Asia
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Myanmar
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Myanmar
- UNHCR Operational Portal: Thailand-Myanmar Cross Border Portal
- UNFPA: Myanmar 2014 Population and Housing Census
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State
- Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
- Food Security Cluster: Myanmar
- Human Rights Watch: Myanmar - Events of 2016
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Acting Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
New York City, NY
September 20, 2017
- According to the latest figures, 429 000 refugees have crossed into Bangladesh since 25 August. UNICEF announced that an “unprecedented” 60% of new refugees in Bangladesh are children. In total, some 900 000 Rohingya refugees are now in Bangladesh. Ethnic Rakhine, Hindu and other minority groups are beginning to return home, according to state media.
- Indonesia has provided two cargo planes with relief items worth approximately USD 280 000 for people in North Rakhine.
422,000 people have arrived in Bangladesh
200,600 people received high-energy biscuits
213,790 people received hot meals
4,566 pregnant women, new mothers and children reached with special, high-nutrient porridge
WFP is distributing fortnightly rations of 25 kg of rice to newly arrived families. To date, 173,000 people (34,600 households) have received rice.
WFP continues to provide high-energy biscuits to people as they cross the border.
Cruz Roja Española cuenta con las Unidades de Respuesta a Emergencias (ERU, por sus siglas en inglés) como medio para ofrecer una respuesta efectiva, eficiente y ajustada a cada circunstancia con el fin de salvar vidas en situaciones producidas por un desastre.
12 delegados de emergencias parten hacia las áreas más castigadas por desastres naturales o por movimientos forzados de población.
The government of the Republic of Korea will provide humanitarian aid worth US$1.5 million through the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for emergency assistance to hundreds of thousands of refugees who have fled to Bangladesh since the violent clashes in Myanmar’s Rakhine State.
Bangladesh - As a result of the close cooperation between the King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Works (KSRelief) and IOM, the UN Migration Agency, to urgently respond to the needs of Rohingya in Bangladesh, the King Salman Centre has provided aid in the form of 100 tons of food, shelter and core relief items (tents, sleeping mats, blankets and food baskets). IOM has chartered a Boeing 747 to transport the aid to Bangladesh. The plane will arrive in Chittagong, Bangladesh, at 2 am on Friday (22/09).
Office of the Spokesperson
September 20, 2017
‘I am very concerned about the civilians in Rakhine who have been subjected to violence and forced to flee. This situation has created great humanitarian needs on both sides of the border between Myanmar and Bangladesh. Norway is increasing its humanitarian support by an additional NOK 15 million,’ said Minister of Foreign Affairs Børge Brende.
Around the world, there are too many refugee children who haven’t just lost their homes, they’re also losing their futures every single day.
More than half of all the refugee children in the world – 3.5 million children – aren’t in school.
The Australian Government is deeply concerned by the deteriorating situation in Rakhine State, Myanmar, and the resulting humanitarian crisis in Myanmar and Bangladesh.
Australia will provide additional support of up to $15 million to help address the humanitarian needs of more than 300,000 people affected by this crisis.
The United Nations estimates that more than 410,000 people fleeing violence have crossed into Bangladesh since 25 August, with numbers expected to rise further.
With a view to providing the humanitarian assistance to the people fled from Rakhine state of Myanmar to Bangladesh, the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society received supports in terms of urgently needed items from the Government of Uzbekistan. Each of 8000 vulnerable families (about 50 thousand people) will get 14 types of food and other essential items including puffed rice (Muri), sugar, Beaten rice (chira), Peanut, Milk Powder, Energy Biscuit, Mosquito Net, Sari, Lungi, Blanket, Tshirt and pant set (children), Sandle, Basic medicines and Drinking water.
The government is making funds available to provide emergency aid to Myanmar’s displaced Rohingya population. Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation Lilianne Ploumen announced the aid yesterday evening at a meeting with former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan in Amsterdam.
- 6.8 M required for 2017
- 7,164 contributions received, representing less than 1% of requirements
- 6.8 M funding gap for the Bay Of Bengal Situation
All figures are displayed in USD
September 15, 2017 - Ottawa, Canada - Global Affairs Canada
The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, today announced a further $2.55 million in funding to help address the humanitarian crisis in Myanmar’s northern Rakhine state and its impact on neighbouring Bangladesh.
Tehran, Sep 15, IRNA – The first humanitarian aids shipment was sent Friday to Bangladesh for Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar.
The shipment comprised of bioproducts, health, treatment and food products.
The aids convoy was sent to Bangladesh by the collaboration of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Iran Air Force, Head of Relief and Rescue Organization of the Red Crescent Organization Mortza Salimi told reporters.
138.9 M required for 2017
42.1 M contributions received, representing 30% of requirements
96.7 M funding gap for South East Asia
All figures are displayed in USD