Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- Joint Communique signed between the United Nations and the Government of Myanmar to prevent and respond to conflict-related sexual violence in Myanmar
- Suffering in silence? Sexual violence against women in Southeast Myanmar (December 2018)
- 42 NGOs warn that return of refugees to Myanmar now would be dangerous and premature
- Statement of UNHCR on the need to create conditions in Myanmar that are conducive to refugee returns
- Myanmar/Burma: Council adopts conclusions (10 December 2018)
Burma is set to receive hundreds of millions of pounds from the Global Fund to tackle AIDS, TB and malaria.
At its conference in Ethiopia last week, the Global Fund agreed to provide approximately US$ 111 million from 2011 to 2013 and up to US$ 288 million over five years to fight these killer diseases.
The news is a massive boost for an estimated 238,000 Burmese people living with HIV - one of the highest infection rates in Asia - and for a country where thousands die each year from TB and malaria.
The Global Fund announcement comes after a successful proposal from a variety of …