Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Report of the Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on Myanmar (A/HRC/39/64) (Advance Unedited Version) [EN/MY]
- Report of the detailed findings of the Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on Myanmar (A/HRC/39/CRP.2)
- UK and France host High-Level Event on the Rohingya Crisis
- Coordinating a complex peace process: the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement – Signatory EAO Office
- Myanmar Humanitarian Country Team: 2018 mid-year progress report on HRP crosscutting priorities
Burma is set to receive hundreds of millions of pounds from the Global Fund to tackle AIDS, TB and malaria.
At its conference in Ethiopia last week, the Global Fund agreed to provide approximately US$ 111 million from 2011 to 2013 and up to US$ 288 million over five years to fight these killer diseases.
The news is a massive boost for an estimated 238,000 Burmese people living with HIV - one of the highest infection rates in Asia - and for a country where thousands die each year from TB and malaria.
The Global Fund announcement comes after a successful proposal from a variety of …