Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN agencies and Myanmar ink agreement, setting stage for Rohingya return
- UNHCR and UNDP agree on text of MoU with Myanmar to support the creation of conditions for the return of Rohingya refugees
- Myanmar: Civilians displaced by fighting in Kachin/Shan 2017-18 (as of 31 May 2018)
- Disaster and emergency management plan prepared for 1,000 households in Mandalay
- Myanmar: Emergency Dashboard, May 2018
Burma is set to receive hundreds of millions of pounds from the Global Fund to tackle AIDS, TB and malaria.
At its conference in Ethiopia last week, the Global Fund agreed to provide approximately US$ 111 million from 2011 to 2013 and up to US$ 288 million over five years to fight these killer diseases.
The news is a massive boost for an estimated 238,000 Burmese people living with HIV - one of the highest infection rates in Asia - and for a country where thousands die each year from TB and malaria.
The Global Fund announcement comes after a successful proposal from a variety of …