Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Suffering in Shadows: Aid Restrictions and Reductions Endanger Displaced Persons in Northern Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
Singapore's Ambassador to Myanmar Robert Chua today handed over to Myanmar authorities the first tranche of a S$100,000 humanitarian assistance package contributed by the Khoo Teck Puat Foundation. This will be followed by subsequent tranches over the next few days.
The ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) Senior Officials meeting in Singapore today discussed the humanitarian disaster caused by Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar. We expressed our sympathy at the massive destruction and loss of lives, and we stand ready to help Myanmar in both its relief and reconstruction efforts. We noted that the situation in Myanmar remains very difficult, and the Myanmar authorities are doing their best to deal with it. However, there is a need for more assistance. We noted that many ARF member countries have offered substantial assistance to Myanmar, and are prepared to do more.
Singapore's Ambassador to Myanmar Robert Chua today handed over to Colonel Myint Htun, Director-General of the Fire Services Department, Ministry of Social Welfare, the Singapore Government's first tranche of its US$200,000 humanitarian assistance package to Myanmar. Consisting of medical supplies, this first tranche will be followed by subsequent tranches over the next few days of drinking water, water purifying tablets, tents, groundsheets, blankets, sleeping bags and food supplies.
In response to the devastation caused by Cyclone Nargis which hit Myanmar on 3 May 2008, the Government of Singapore will be providing US$200,000 in humanitarian aid to Myanmar. The humanitarian assistance package includes medical supplies, drinking water, water purifying tablets, tents, groundsheets, blankets, sleeping bags and emergency food.
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS PRESS STATEMENT
The Singapore Government will be providing relief assistance to the countries stricken by the earthquake and tsunamis on 26 December 2004.
An SAF medical team with medical and relief supplies is on standby to fly to Indonesia within the next 48 hours. Singapore authorities are liaising with the Indonesian authorities on how best to deploy the team.
Singapore is also sending two personnel, one each from MINDEF and the SCDF, to the UN Disaster Assistance and Coordination (UNDAC) to help coordinate disaster relief and assess the damage in …