- JIPS Sittwe Camp Profiling Report
- Statement of INGO’s in Myanmar, 31 August 2017 [EN/MY]
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State: Final Report, August 2017
- RW Topics: Refugees/Migrants - South-East Asia
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Myanmar
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Myanmar
- UNHCR Operational Portal: Thailand-Myanmar Cross Border Portal
- UNFPA: Myanmar 2014 Population and Housing Census
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State
- Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
- Food Security Cluster: Myanmar
- Human Rights Watch: Myanmar - Events of 2016
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan spoke Tuesday with Myanmar's State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi over the ongoing humanitarian crisis involving Rohingya Muslims fleeing violence and persecution in the Rakhine state.
According to Turkish presidency sources, Erdoğan told Suu Kyi that increase in human rights violations against Rohingya Muslims causes great concern for the world and Muslim countries.
The two leaders discussed methods to solve the ongoing crisis and ways to provide humanitarian aid to the local population.
As friends of Myanmar, we are deeply concerned by the humanitarian situation in northern part of Rakhine State. We have welcomed the Government’s agreement to allow a resumption of humanitarian assistance and initial deliveries to some villages, but we are concerned by delays and urge all Myanmar authorities to overcome the obstacles that have so far prevented a full resumption, noting that tens of thousands of people who need humanitarian aid, including children with acute malnutrition, have been without it now for nearly two months.
Turkey’s initiatives at the regional and international level continue in order to ensure a rapid response to the tragedy of thousands of Rohingyas and Bengalis, who, as they were being taken from Myanmar and Bangladesh to Indonesia and Thailand by human traffickers, were stranded in the Andaman Sea in their boats.
In this context, we have pledged 1 million US dollars to the International Organization for Migration and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to be used for humanitarian assistance to the Rohingyas and Bengalis.
The international community is deeply concerned by the dire humanitarian situation faced by internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Taung Paw camp in Myebon Township, Rakhine State and strongly urges the Union Government to ensure immediate, full, and unimpeded humanitarian access to those in need. The deteriorating living conditions in the camp have created an inhumane environment for camp residents.
The TRCS which has been delivering relief to the people in needs regardless of race, religion, language, gender and nation for 145 years, has responded to the hundreds disasters, relieved hundreds and thousands people wounds in the year of 2012. While TRCS has been responding various earthquake, fire, flood, landslide and etc taking place in various region of Turkey In particular Van Earthquake Humanitarian Relief Operation, at the same time, TRCS initiated a lot of humanitarian relief operation in abroad in particular in Syria, in Somalia, Gaza and Myanmar.
November 9, 2012
We are deeply saddened by the recent violence and displacement in Rakhine State. The latest resurgence of violence has led to the loss of life and property of thousands of innocent men, women, and children in Rakhine State. We urge all parties to work together to bring an immediate end to the violence.
As of today 52.012.718,00 USD has been collected in humanitarian aid accounts which have been opened cin the presence of Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency, Presidency of Religious Affairs, Turkish Religious Foundation and Turkish Red Crescent.
We would like to appreciate the all institutions and organizations with beneficient citizens in order to assist the Muslim brothers who have been living such severe days in Arakan (Rakhaine) region of Myanmar because of internal conflicts, ethnic slaughter and poverty.
Turkey's total contribution to the region affected by the earthquake and tsunamis of 26 December 2004 is approaching 15 million USD. Aside from Government contributions, the contributions of civil society to various ongoing aid campaigns are increasing daily.