Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
The undersigned humanitarian and development NGOs operating in Kachin and Northern Shan States in Myanmar are gravely concerned about the continually escalating armed conflict and the severely deteriorating security situation for the civilian population in Kachin and Northern Shan States.
The undersigned international NGOs operating in Kachin and Northern Shan States in Myanmar are gravely concerned about the ongoing armed conflict and its recent intensification. We are also concerned about threats to the safety of civilians and increasing restrictions on access to those in need.
Despite the ongoing peace negotiations, skirmishes between the Myanmar government armed forces and the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) have been increasing. Recently, skirmishes near Nam Lim Pa village forced villagers in the area and the IDPs to flee for safety. They have been isolated and surrounded in this location for over three weeks. Despite appeals by humanitarian organisations, unconditional humanitarian access has not been granted.