Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- Statement Attributable to the Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Myanmar
- Overview of the August 2018 3W for Southeastern Myanmar - Bago (East), Kayah, Kayin, Mon, Shan (East), Shan (South) and Tanintharyi
- Overview of the August 2018 3W - Rakhine State
- UNHCR and UNDP complete first assessments in Myanmar’s northern Rakhine
- Myanmar: Kachin & Northern Shan CCCM Dashboard (1/Sep/2018)
(August 14, 2008 - Ottawa) - The Canadian International Development Agency announced today that Canada has matched over $16-million to the Red Cross China earthquake operations and almost $2-million in support of the Red Cross cyclone relief efforts in Myanmar.
"The Canadian Red Cross would like to thank the Canadian International Development Agency for their generous support of relief efforts in China and Myanmar," says Conrad Sauvé, secretary general of the Canadian Red Cross.
The 9.0 earthquake off the western coast of northern Sumatra on December 26, 2004, triggered massive waves or 'tsunamis', inundating coastal areas in countries around the Indian Ocean rim.
(Ottawa-March 24, 2005) -- During the three months since the devastating earthquake and tsunami of December 26, which claimed more than 250,000 lives in Asia, the Canadian Red Cross has sent more than one million kilograms of urgently needed relief items to the region.
The Canadian Red Cross is delivering clean water, health care, psycho-social support, shelter materials as well as household and hygiene items to the survivors of the worst natural catastrophe in living memory.