Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Humanitarian NGOs call for immediate cessation of hostilities, protection of civilians and humanitarian access in Kachin and northern Shan, Myanmar
- Lessons of Cyclone Nargis still need to be applied
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (24 - 30 Apr 2018)
- Myanmar: New evidence reveals Rohingya armed group massacred scores in Rakhine State
- Meandering to Recovery: Post-Nargis Social Impacts Monitoring Ten Years After
(July 17, 2008 - OTTAWA) Canadian Red Cross aid worker Luc Dumoulin has recently returned from Myanmar after working with the Red Cross relief effort for over a month following Cyclone Nargis, which devastated large parts of the country on May 2.
(Ottawa, January 7, 2005) Donations made to the Canadian Red Cross are already working in tsunami-affected countries to bring relief to those who need it. Tomorrow, another flight will leave Canada laden with 30 metric tonnes of Red Cross items destined for Myanmar.
"This is a devastating natural disaster - the needs are staggering in the hardest hit areas.