Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- Statement Attributable to the Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Myanmar
- Overview of the August 2018 3W for Southeastern Myanmar - Bago (East), Kayah, Kayin, Mon, Shan (East), Shan (South) and Tanintharyi
- Overview of the August 2018 3W - Rakhine State
- UNHCR and UNDP complete first assessments in Myanmar’s northern Rakhine
- Myanmar: Kachin & Northern Shan CCCM Dashboard (1/Sep/2018)
The 9.0 earthquake off the western coast of northern Sumatra on December 26, 2004, triggered massive waves or 'tsunamis', inundating coastal areas in countries around the Indian Ocean rim.
(Ottawa-March 24, 2005) -- During the three months since the devastating earthquake and tsunami of December 26, which claimed more than 250,000 lives in Asia, the Canadian Red Cross has sent more than one million kilograms of urgently needed relief items to the region.
The Canadian Red Cross is delivering clean water, health care, psycho-social support, shelter materials as well as household and hygiene items to the survivors of the worst natural catastrophe in living memory.
Ottawa, January 27, 2005 -- The Canadian Red Cross is winding down its fundraising in support of tsunami relief in Asia.
"The outpouring of care and generosity has been overwhelming here in Canada - and around the world," says Canadian Red Cross Secretary General Dr. Pierre Duplessis.
(Ottawa, January 24, 2005) -- The Canadian Red Cross today released an overview of its tsunami assistance plan, to be delivered in two phases: emergency relief and long term rehabilitation. The plan developed in coordination with the International Federation of Red Cross and
Red Crescent Societies (Federation) and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was presented by Canadian Red Cross Secretary General Dr.