Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
As friends of Myanmar, we are deeply concerned by the humanitarian situation in northern part of Rakhine State. We have welcomed the Government’s agreement to allow a resumption of humanitarian assistance and initial deliveries to some villages, but we are concerned by delays and urge all Myanmar authorities to overcome the obstacles that have so far prevented a full resumption, noting that tens of thousands of people who need humanitarian aid, including children with acute malnutrition, have been without it now for nearly two months.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs is to provide humanitarian aid to the people injured or harmed by the Nargis cyclone in Burma. PLN 0.5 million will be transferred to support UNICEF's work in coordinating an international aid operation. Transferring funds to the international coordinating institution is the fastest way for the Polish support to reach the people of Burma. UNICEF has already started to estimate the needs and provide humanitarian aid.