- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin, Issue 2 2017 | June – 22 September
- Statement of INGO’s in Myanmar, 31 August 2017 [EN/MY]
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State: Final Report, August 2017
- RW Topics: Refugees/Migrants - South-East Asia
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Myanmar
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Myanmar
- UNHCR Operational Portal: Thailand-Myanmar Cross Border Portal
- UNFPA: Myanmar 2014 Population and Housing Census
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State
- Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
- Food Security Cluster: Myanmar
- Human Rights Watch: Myanmar - Events of 2016
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
On Thursday evening (29th) the SRSA will dispatch a module with three portable water purification plants to Rangoon in Burma. These three plants together can purify water for drinking for 15,000 people per day.
SRSA water specialists and water engineers will accompany the plants to install them.
"We are going to train local people on scene to run the plants," says Anders Olsson, a materiel developer employed by the SRSA.
This brief report provides the findings of a rapid environmental assessment conducted following Cyclone Nargis.
This evening, Monday, a cargo plane will take off from =D6rebro Airport bound for Rangoon in Burma. On board are approx. 150 tents that will be delivered to the Burmese Red Cross. These are family tents of 12 sq metres and have been donated to the SRSA from the Swedish Lions.
This evening the SRSA will send 3 experts to Bangkok. Their task will be to support the UN agency OCHA in its assessment of aid needs in Burma. Also included in the task will be to assess and prepare for further Swedish operations.
The 3 experts are: Lars Johansson, humanitarian aid, Karlstad; Christian Di Schiena, strategic coordinator, Kristinehamn; and Leif Jönsson, environmental issues, Karlstad.
For further information contact our press liaison officer on +46 70 321 88 73
Responsible: Karin Viklund