Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
I'm sure you are as saddened as I am about the devastating loss of life and the destruction that has impacted Asia over the past month. The media, in particular the Internet, has opened our eyes to the devastation that the people of Myanmar and central China are going through.
It was just days ago when I shared with you that Project HOPE will be responding to the devastating cyclone in Myanmar -- with a promise to update you as events developed.
On the heels of this terrible disaster, we are now witnessing the aftermath of another deadly natural catastrophe -- the massive earthquake in central China, which has claimed over 22,000 lives.
(May 6, 2008) Millwood VA - Project HOPE, an international health education and humanitarian assistance organization, is moving quickly to gather medical supplies for the people of Myanmar devastated by Cyclone Nargis.
'We are immediately reaching out to our corporate partners and our dedicated individual donors to assist Project HOPE in gathering and distributing lifesaving medicines and medical supplies to the people of Myanmar at this time of great need,' said John P. Howe III, M.D., President and CEO of Project HOPE.