Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN agencies and Myanmar ink agreement, setting stage for Rohingya return
- UNHCR and UNDP agree on text of MoU with Myanmar to support the creation of conditions for the return of Rohingya refugees
- Myanmar: IDP Sites in Kachin and northern Shan States (30 Apr 2018)
- Myanmar: Civilians displaced by fighting in Kachin/Shan 2017-18 (as of 31 May 2018)
- Disaster and emergency management plan prepared for 1,000 households in Mandalay
As national and international NGOs operating in Kachin and northern Shan, Myanmar, we are deeply troubled by yet further escalation of armed conflict, including clashes directly impacting civilians throughout April and continuing into May, that has displaced and re-displaced thousands more civilians. Urgent action is required to save lives and meet widespread and growing humanitarian needs.
Humanitarian Organizations call for immediate humanitarian access to those in need:
One month since the 25 August attacks and subsequent security response, INGOs in Myanmar are increasingly concerned about severe restrictions on humanitarian access and impediments to the delivery of critically needed humanitarian assistance throughout Rakhine State.
The undersigned humanitarian and development NGOs operating in Kachin and Northern Shan States in Myanmar are gravely concerned about the continually escalating armed conflict and the severely deteriorating security situation for the civilian population in Kachin and Northern Shan States.