- WFP Myanmar Country Brief, September 2017
- Mission report of OHCHR rapid response mission to Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, 13-24 September 2017
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Myanmar, 8 Sep 2017
- RW Topics: Refugees/Migrants - South-East Asia
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Myanmar
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Myanmar
- UNHCR Operational Portal: Thailand-Myanmar Cross Border Portal
- UNFPA: Myanmar 2014 Population and Housing Census
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State
- Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
- Food Security Cluster: Myanmar
- Human Rights Watch: Myanmar - Events of 2016
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Following the outburst of violence that occurred in Rakhine State in 2012, around 140,000 were displaced. Among them, many women and children such as Amira who fled her home with her husband and their children. Today, she lives in the Koe Tan Kauk (KTK) Camp, Rathedaung township, where SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL tries to smoothen the hard living conditions.
Living in a camp as a woman
Project: Emergency WASH assistant and Livelihood support to vulnerable population affected by conflicts in Rakhine and Kachin States
The beneficiary baseline survey was implemented in the frame of the development of small scale vegetable production units in camps.
- Methodology of the survey
The post-harvest assessment was conducted during 3 weeks in November and December 2011 by SI field team, composed by one Food Security supervisor and 3 field agents. The data collection was done through structured questionnaires at household level (See Annex 1), focus group discussions, direct observation as well as a rapid and small-scale market survey.
The project area is an estuarine basin of the Irrawaddy delta covered with a number of rivulets, creeks, canals and mangrove forests. Nutrient rich brackish water fluctuates twice daily, assorted species of fish, prawn, shrimps and crabs are in abundance seasonally. Both inland and estuarine fishery activities have been well practiced in the delta with the exception of the spawning season particularly in the premonsoon period.
1 Assessment rationale, objectives and methodology
1.1 Context: worrying trends in Southern Chin State
Chin State is located in the north-western part of Myanmar, bordering India and Bangladesh. Most of the state is hilly and mountainous with an average altitude of 1,200 meters. The main livelihood is agriculture which mostly consists in shifting cultivation (slash and burn farming).