Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
UNICEF provides emergency treatment for survivors of latest quake
Last week's magnitude 8.7 earthquake off the coast of the Indonesian island Nias has severely hampered relief efforts already underway there since last December's deadly tsunami. Main roads and bridges have been destroyed and the airport is only open to a few light aircraft. More than 500 bodies have been recovered from the rubble and at least another 500 are feared dead.
UNICEF is coordinating medical treatment for survivors, and nearly 300 patients have been evacuated to hospitals on neighboring Sumatra.