Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
Vienna, Austria, October 20, 2017. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved an emergency assistance grant to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to help fund ongoing humanitarian operations in Bangladesh, where an estimated 20,000 Rohingyas per day are seeking refuge after outbreaks of violence in Rakhine State in Myanmar.
Vienna, Austria, March 14, 2017. Over 15 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing, totaling nearly US$190m, which was approved at the 158th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID). The public sector loans, which total US$106m, will support the following projects/programs:
May 7, 2008 Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) today approved a grant of US$500,000 to provide essential relief supplies and support emergency operation for survivors of the cyclone that devastated Myanmar. More than 22,000 people were reported killed, another 41,000 missing and up to one million have been rendered homeless.
Cyclone Nargis, which struck Myanmar last week, swept through the Irrawaddy delta region and Yangon, the country's largest city.