Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Myanmar: A Political Economy Analysis
- Briefing: Myanmar forces starve, abduct and rob Rohingya, as ethnic cleansing continues
- UN human rights expert laments “tragic sense of déjà vu” in Myanmar, says refugee returns premature
- Myanmar: OCHA Humanitarian Update on the Situation in Kachin State, 2 February 2018
- Restoration of rights key to Myanmar refugee return, UNHCR’s Grandi says
618 000 Rohingyas from Myanmar are estimated to have arrived in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh since 25 August 2017.
1.2 million (both new arrivals and their host communities) have been targeted by the health sector .
Since 25 August 2017:
More than 500,000 people in need of humanitarian assistance in Myanmar: Humanitarian Response Plan for 2017
In 2017, Myanmar will have an estimated 525,000 people in need of humanitarian assistance across Kachin, Rakhine and northern Shan States. This figure includes people recently affected by the renewed fighting in Kachin and northern Shan State, as well as those affected by protracted crises in Rakhine and Kachin and by natural disasters. Overall, an estimated US $146 million will be required to ensure humanitarian assistance for the concerned population.
• 32 Rapid Response Teams (RRT)
• 9 Non-RRT Health Teams
• 18 non-governmental health partners: 5 Local and 13 International
• 9 townships supported with health service provision
Sittwe disease surveillance
Total number of consultations for Q1 is 66,444 with monthly average of 22,148.
The top three reasons for consultation are common cold, hypertension and acute respiratory infection (ARI).
• 5 Rapid Response Team (RRT)
• 3 Non-RRT Health Teams and 11 Township Health Dept. community clinics
• 22 non-governmental health partners : 6 Local and 16 International
• 11 townships are supported with health service provision
Kachin disease surveillance
Total number of consultations for Q1 is 16,176. The top three reasons for consultation are influenza, gastritis and diarrhoea.
Kachin has 80,659 IDPs (CCCM round 4 data).
Life-saving reproductive health services and gender-based violence care provided in Kachin State
HEALTH CLUSTER ACTIVITIES IN RAKHINE STATE
Improving Access to Routine Immunization in Remote Villages of Maungdaw Township, Rakhine State
AREAS OF INTERVENTION OF THE HEALTH CLUSTER
Kachin State and Shan State (north)
People targeted by Health interventions 116,595
Displaced population in camps or host families 96,428
12 Health Cluster partners
People targeted by Health interventions 421,177
Displaced population in camps or host families 143,887
18 Health Cluster partners