Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN agencies and Myanmar ink agreement, setting stage for Rohingya return
- UNHCR and UNDP agree on text of MoU with Myanmar to support the creation of conditions for the return of Rohingya refugees
- Myanmar: IDP Sites in Kachin and northern Shan States (30 Apr 2018)
- Myanmar: Civilians displaced by fighting in Kachin/Shan 2017-18 (as of 31 May 2018)
- Disaster and emergency management plan prepared for 1,000 households in Mandalay
Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 6 September, 2012: Health Ministers from WHO’s South-East Asia Region renewed their commitment to improving disaster risk management in the health sector. Member countries are increasing investments and building capacities for all phases of disasters: risk reduction, preparedness, response and recovery. The Health Ministers deliberated on this issue at WHO’s 65th Regional Committee Meeting from 5 to 7 September.
6 June 2012, Bangkok: WHO has called on countries to invest more in strengthening the resilience of communities to save lives during disasters and emergencies. The UN health agency today applauded the efforts of community-based NGOs and community health volunteers at a Regional Meeting on Disaster Risk Management in Health in Bangkok.
On 11 April 2011 at 15.38 PM Western Indonesian Time (UCT+7), a 8.5 Richter scale/RS earthquake hit 346 kilometres south west of Simeuleu with 10 kilometres depth.
U.S. Geological Survey reported the magnitude of the earthquake as 8.7 RS which took place at a depth of 33 kilometres.
The tremor was felt in 5 provinces in NAD, North Sumatera, West Sumatera, Lampung and Bengkulu provinces. The local residents were in panic. The tremor was also felt in Singapore and Malaysia.