Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Myanmar: A Political Economy Analysis
- UN human rights expert laments “tragic sense of déjà vu” in Myanmar, says refugee returns premature
- Briefing: Myanmar forces starve, abduct and rob Rohingya, as ethnic cleansing continues
- Restoration of rights key to Myanmar refugee return, UNHCR’s Grandi says
- Myanmar: OCHA Humanitarian Update on the Situation in Kachin State, 2 February 2018
On 11 April 2011 at 15.38 PM Western Indonesian Time (UCT+7), a 8.5 Richter scale/RS earthquake hit 346 kilometres south west of Simeuleu with 10 kilometres depth.
U.S. Geological Survey reported the magnitude of the earthquake as 8.7 RS which took place at a depth of 33 kilometres.
The tremor was felt in 5 provinces in NAD, North Sumatera, West Sumatera, Lampung and Bengkulu provinces. The local residents were in panic. The tremor was also felt in Singapore and Malaysia.