Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- Note to correspondents: Statement attributable to the Secretary-General's Special Envoy on Myanmar
- Karenni Army Clashes With Myanmar Forces in Kayah State, Breaking Bilateral Cease-fire
- UNHCR and UNDP complete first assessments in Myanmar’s northern Rakhine
- Report of the Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on Myanmar (A/HRC/39/64) (Advance Unedited Version) [EN/MY]
- Connecting the people to their peace process: the importance of good documentation
Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 6 September, 2012: Health Ministers from WHO’s South-East Asia Region renewed their commitment to improving disaster risk management in the health sector. Member countries are increasing investments and building capacities for all phases of disasters: risk reduction, preparedness, response and recovery. The Health Ministers deliberated on this issue at WHO’s 65th Regional Committee Meeting from 5 to 7 September.
6 June 2012, Bangkok: WHO has called on countries to invest more in strengthening the resilience of communities to save lives during disasters and emergencies. The UN health agency today applauded the efforts of community-based NGOs and community health volunteers at a Regional Meeting on Disaster Risk Management in Health in Bangkok.
On 11 April 2011 at 15.38 PM Western Indonesian Time (UCT+7), a 8.5 Richter scale/RS earthquake hit 346 kilometres south west of Simeuleu with 10 kilometres depth.
U.S. Geological Survey reported the magnitude of the earthquake as 8.7 RS which took place at a depth of 33 kilometres.
The tremor was felt in 5 provinces in NAD, North Sumatera, West Sumatera, Lampung and Bengkulu provinces. The local residents were in panic. The tremor was also felt in Singapore and Malaysia.